11.18.2011

interior inspiration : light my fire.












With the late fall season and early snow expected here, it's become the time of year when I daydream about having a fireplace. Few things are nicer in the colder months than sitting with a cup of tea, wine, or in my usual case, a good ale in front of the fire. Here are some homes that have me yearning for one even more.

Sources (from top to bottom): Lonny, Design*Sponge: Claire Bingham, Shootfactory, Chris Everard, House to Home, The Selby: Abigail Ahern, Design*Sponge: Whitney & Dustin, Lonny, Rue, and Lonny.

3 comments:

  1. oh, how i'd love to have a fireplace. current house is a mid-century ranch built in 1948. as much as i love the retro details, i'd really love a victorian with tall ceilings, crown molding, and a gorgeous fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious why the second pic is there - looks like half of the wallpaper's been taken off! The fireplace itself is lovely though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore these! Wish that I would have one fireplace at home, just when I get sick so that it makes me feel better :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...